Monday 7 December 2015

What Are You Watching?


 

Yesterday, I put up a dp on my bbm and comments kept rolling in from various people, some for and some against while a few didn’t really have any strong opinions on the matter. Below is the dp:

     


If you are like some people I know, I am sure you have lost track of how many TV series you have seen. Some folks are so hooked up to these series that we can barely wait for the next episode to air so we go to search on Google to check if there is any gist on the next episode (I am not sure you did that much research for your project work in the University #JustSaying lol).

I have seen virtually every episode of every season of the TV series Scandal, and it wasn’t until very recently that it occurred to me that Olivia Pope the major character in the series is an ideal icon for all mistresses all over the world. I did a little research and found out that there are millions of hits on how to dress like Olivia Pope, Olivia Pope Fashion, striking an Olivia Pope pose, the Olivia Pope wine glass etc. This fictitious woman is an idol for so many adults and children alike. Unfortunately, the subtle message portrayed by this series besides the lovely drama and power play is that it is okay to be a mistress; It is acceptable to be in love with a married man; there actually is nothing really wrong with loving and sleeping with a married man rather, you can be a powerful person even while doing so #AskOliviaPope.

 And for the woman who finds out that her husband is having an affair, Mellie Grant’s advice is that you should encourage the relationship where it helps you keep your home and ambitions alive, and have an affair of your own while you are at it.

I watch Bruce Jenner on TV these days and I smile a knowing smile (I can hear most of you correct me; Caitlyn, not Bruce lol. well, that’s my point exactly). Every or most TV shows/movie these days portrays a cute gay couple and sexy transgender person and nice drug addict and subliminally, we have begun to accept this as our current realities and imbibe it into our culture.

I was thinking about this this morning and the Holy Spirit pointed me to Gen 3:1;

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" (NIV)

The American Standard Version interpreted the word “Crafty” above as “Subtle”. The devil being crafty/subtle knew about what we NLP practitioners call “Auto-suggestion” and in the form of a question, introduced an option for man to second guess an instruction that was very clear; the devil asked man “Did God really say?”

And the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see that the devil is playing the same game he played at the beginning with mankind all over again. You might not have seen it this way, but I am calling your attention to it today by penning down some of the questions I have had to answer myself during or after watching some of the things we are exposed to today:

·         Did God not make ALL Things?

·         Did He not also make some people gay?

·         Did God say you should condemn anyone? Didn’t He say you should love your neighbor as yourself (even if they are clearly heading to hell)

·         Is there really anything wrong with the union of a man and a man if they are obviously in love and make a nice family unit?

·         Is it not just fiction?

·         Are you not being insensitive and overtly spiritual about this matter?

I am sure you can add your own questions to that growing list, but what the devil is doing is subtly introducing these abnormalities into our minds and eventually our society as a norm thereby giving so many people over to a reprobate mind. Unfortunately, a lot of people would not see the sense in some of the things I am trying to point out, but that is okay (as sad as it may be) we will keep praying for God to reign supreme over us all.

I close with this scripture that has been a guide for me:

Prov 4:23; Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. (NIV)

Selah!

@IamOluwaObinna and I am committed to your Peak Performance

No comments: