Saturday 3 June 2017

LIKE CHRIST


A few days ago, a woman my wife and I really have a lot of respect for came by our home to visit and see the latest member of the Onyekwere clan. You know there are those people that every time you see them, they are either churning out revelations or they are drawing out depths of God from you that are not the norm… bottom line is, she is an amazing woman after God’s heart and a dear friend of the family. She shies away from the lime light a lot though the Lord has a way of always setting her up lolz so I won’t mention her name.
We began to discuss along the lines of Jesus and His love and what He means and the things He did etc. and before we knew it, it was almost 2hrs and there was yet so much more that I knew had been left unsaid.

As she left, I went back into my closet and began to meditate on the love of Christ.
I know that we all have a concept of what Christ’s love means to us individually and collectively, but the more I think about it, the more I really come to the understanding of what John meant when he wrote “for God so loved the world…”
The love of Christ is unsearchable, the depths of it is unimaginable, it stretches from eternity to eternity. And as the reality of the expectations from me in Christ Jesus begins to dawn on me some more, I realize that I had missed it not walking in love.
You see, people will always be people, but I am the one who determines how I respond to people and truth is I have failed to consistently respond in love. I have responded in anger, fear, hatred, hurt, disappointment, sadness, happiness and sometimes love but I have failed to consistently respond in LOVE.

Christ is love and as He is, so also should I be. Imagine that all who profess the name of the Lord were to respond consistently in love every time, what a body of Christ we would have!
So today, I am just reaching out to as many as are like myself who have realized that they have not constantly responded in love to re-evaluate themselves and realign to the nature of Christ.

But it is only natural and human to respond to your emotions you may say. Well, I have news flash for you, if you are in Christ Jesus, you are not “human”, you are a life giving spirit for as He is so also are we in this world… Selah!
I went back to the Father and asked Him to help me Love unconditionally and He reminded me of something I heard a while back and I applied that portion of scripture as a confession over my life. It’s a confession from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8;

Obinnaya suffers long
Obinnaya is kind

Obinnaya does not envy
Obinnaya does not parade himself

Obinnaya is not puffed up
Obinnaya does not behave rudely

Obinnaya does not seek his own
Obinnaya is not provoked

Obinnaya thinks no evil
Obinnaya does not rejoice in iniquity

Obinnaya rejoices in the truth

Obinnaya bears all things

Obinnaya believes all things
Obinnaya hopes all things

Obinnaya endures all things
Obinnaya NEVER FAILS

I constantly declare these words over myself and I can assure you that I have become a better version of myself over time. There has been numerous tests to my resolve to be like Christ always and I can’t tell you that it has been very easy to stay true but this one thing I can say, it has completely been worth it. The look on people’s faces when I respond in love even when they have utterly hurt me is priceless.
The Master is seeking representatives here on earth, can you become one for Him?
Think about it….

No comments: