Monday 9 May 2016

What Are We Really Doing?


Yesterday, I walked out of a meeting when someone I have some level of respect for made a very unsettling comment. I was very angry and I have to confess that the sun rose up on my anger. Howbeit, I am a lot calmer now and have had time to process the whole drama (as that’s the best way to describe what I was subjected to).
Now more than ever before, there is a burning desire in my heart to not only pray for the body of Christ, but to also pray for the leaders in the body of Christ. I think our focus has moved away from the major thing which is Christ and His commission to us to make disciples all over the earth to the mundane things.
If it were not to be so, how then can you explain a leader saying to the hearing of so many other leaders and I quote “leave the vision, we all know it is about the money”?
I almost passed out when I heard that. So all the epistle about doubling the number of members, all the charge was about the money???
I thought we were supposed to be leading the lost to Christ, I thought we were supposed to be impacting our world with the “Good News of Christ”. I thought the vision was the main thing that I should be running with. Alas, I was heavily mistaken.
As always, my partner in Christ was with me and we both looked at each other when the comment was made and by default stood up and left.
I think I am at a place in my walk with God where I do not have room and time to waste on things that do not conform to what He says in His word. One of the speakers yesterday shared a passage from the book of Isaiah and the passage took a new shape for me post the events of yesterday. Isaiah 43:18-19
18 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
God is doing a new thing and we must be careful to stay in the light of what He is doing in the now. Remember how we were admonished to watch and pray and to guard our heart with all due diligence? We must be careful to ensure that we are still in line with God’s main plan for our lives. I read somewhere that the most important thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
I look all around me and I see people who have drifted far away from the main thing. The pursuit now is more for things, accolades and positions as against Relationship.
I am writing to leaders today; what is your relationship status with God like?
Remember that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. When you speak, I know what is in your heart. I know what I heard yesterday and it gives me a clear picture of what lies in the heart of many.
I made some decisions yesterday. I will keep praying for my leaders and observe from a distance, but I will keep following Christ. Looking up to Jesus and Jesus alone the author and finisher of my faith.

No comments: