Tuesday 29 September 2015

Where is the POWER?


I was studying the book of Acts and came across something that raised some questions for me:

Acts 5:12-13; 12. And through the hands of the apostles, many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch. 13. Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly.

It is no longer news that signs and wonders are scarce in the church today. As worrisome as that is, it still perplexes me how many “Christians” are comfortable with that because at the minimum the shadow of a Christian should be healing the sick and the oppressed should be healed when they encounter a Christian (that is if we are to go by the encounters that were recorded in the bible as the acts of the apostles) however, as sad as it is, this is not the case today. Little wonder the “rest” have dared to join and even desecrate the position of disciples.

Where is the POWER that was promised after the Holy Ghost has come upon us. We claim to be the church, but where has the power gone to? I read the accounts of some generals in the 20th century and marvel at the various documented supernatural exploits that God performed through them and I begin to wonder; has God changed? Don’t even mention that we are in the season of prosperity because these generals were prospering too yet they thrived in the miraculous and did exploits for God. Single individuals taking up entire cities for God while we sit down glorying that we have a 5,000 seater capacity auditorium. Sorry sir, that was the number of people that gave their lives to Christ when Peter preached his second sermon, so it doesn't move me.
 
Where is the Power?

The “rest” are daring to make mockery of my God because we have denied the power we carry in the Holy Ghost, God forbid that I would aid that.

My prayer today is Lord, fill me to an overflow with the Holy Ghost and with Power, work wonders through my hands, send me to nations for You, draw men nearer to You through me.

What is your prayer?

@IamOluwaObinna, I am committed to your Peak Performance.

No comments: