Sunday 21 December 2014

Grateful Heart

Gradually we approach the end of this amazing year 2014 and if you are like me, when you look back, you can recount so many reasons why you should be grateful to God. We may not have achieved all that we set out to achieve this year, but we are by no means anywhere near where we started at the beginning of the year.

First, there is the gift of life. That I am able to sit in front of this laptop and type without any aid or support is a unique testimony of its own.

In this year 2014 by divine arrangement, I walked into purpose and began to pastor the most amazing set of human beings anyone can find on the surface of the earth. I don’t see them as congregation; I call them family because that’s what Treasure Place is to me. It’s been 7 months of resounding testimonies and increased grace as God has kept ALL His promises to us as individuals and a church.

In this same year, I embarked on projects that seemed larger than life and I look back from where I am now and can’t even explain how we were able to complete each of those projects.

In this same year, my mum clocked 50 though she still looks 35 lol. God has been good to me and my family, He has shown up for us when we least expected Him to. He has been our strong tower, our shield, our buckler, our friend and indeed our Father. I am a living witness to the fact that God is indeed the father of the fatherless and the husband to the widow because He has indeed carried all our burdens.

I can go on and on about the things that God has done for me this year, all the sheets on this word document might not be enough to capture them all. But I felt a need to help someone recount all that God has done for them this year and find a reason to lift up their voices to the heavens in thanksgiving.
I cannot close out on this write up without mentioning the greatest of all the testimonies this year. In this year 2014, I got married to the most amazing woman on the surface of the earth. Words are never enough every time I try to describe her and if you know me well, that’s a rarity but Sunmi does that to me, she leaves me speechless ALWAYS. I can only but thank God for the gift of an amazing wife, a virtuous woman and most especially, my friend. And by virtue of this union, I have embraced a new family, outstanding in-laws. They are the best in-laws anyone could have asked for walai.
It has been a fruitful/productive year with a lot of high points. That doesn’t mean that the year didn’t come with its challenges. What life would it have been without the usual bumps on the way? However, despite the daunting challenges, God saw us through it all.
This is me saying; Father, I am grateful for all you have done, all you are doing and for all You will yet to. I do not take your tender mercies and your loving kindness for granted. I love you with all my heart, with all I have and with all that is within me. I will forever serve You and these are the declarations of my heart via my mouth (or my fingers as it where).

Is there anything you are grateful to God for this year? Why don’t you take a few minutes and let Him know how grateful you are of all that He has done.

I remain @IamOluwaObinna and I am committed to your Peak Performance.

Selah!

No comments: