Sunday 27 October 2013

BE ENCOURAGED


I have not written in a long while but I felt compelled to do so tonight, and the fact that I am losing my beauty sleep over it tells you how compelling it is.

I hung out with family yesterday, it was David’s birthday and amidst the wining and dining and laughter, It hit me how far God has brought us all. We were almost complete from the original group of us that started out, at least the bunch of us around formed a quorum. The beautiful thing was that there were wives and children now involved in the mix, the men were standing in a corner gisting about I can’t remember what lol, the women were seated with the children or in some instances running after the children all looking cute and pretty, there were just two of us that didn’t show up with our wives; So’Kleen because his wife had to be somewhere with his daughter and I because my wife is…….

I know all you aploko people will want to follow up on that last line, so follow me on twitter @IamOluwaObinna lets talk more about it #tongueout.

But the beautiful picture in that garden yesterday took me back about five or six years ago when we were mostly starting out. Scripture says despise not the days of little beginnings and that is so true. I still remember like yesterday when we used to rejoice over getting 500 naira for 4 hefty men to feed with. I remember holding a 3 to 4 hours worship service for bread and eggs that was delivered by a kind neighbour who wasn't aware that boys had gone for a long while without food to eat. I remember embarking on compulsory prayers and fasting not necessarily because we had any special thing to pray for but because we didn't have food to eat and had exhausted all our credit facilities which by the way was almost non-existent. I remember our ark of covenant (Tosin’s car) being on red for so long that after a while, the red light stopped coming up because we never fueled it enough to bring it out of the red zone and on the rare occasions when we will buy much fuel say like 2k worth, the thing will be on red though the pointer is showing we had at least half tank. In my mind I’m thinking the car is so sure there was a special occasion or maybe we were going for showers so it didn't want to waste energy ‘cos it was coming back to red zone soon.

It’s not a pity party I’m just going down memory lane. The guy someone was running after today hailing him chairman and asking that he bless his boys, I saw that same guy a few years back breakdown in tears and cry like a baby because of how hard things where.

You might be going through a situation right now and don’t have a clue where help could possibly come from or how long the situation is going to last for, it might seem like nothing is working out for you and everyone you had hoped will be a helping hand has disappointed you. It might seem like the end of the road, you might even have contemplated suicide (you are not the first to do so). One of us described it as the feeling of carrying a caterpillar on your chest while sleeping (it’s a horrible experience; believe me I've been there). The situation might be so bad that it has stolen your joy and sleep, it might have turned you to a prayer point for friends and family and they are praying not to mock you but in love. Your younger ones that are still in school might be the ones rallying round seeking for how to help you (I believe someone needed to hear that last line), people around might even have called you names.

I don’t know what your case is but my God woke me up tonight to tell you this: He says “I know the thoughts that I think towards you, they are thoughts of GOOD not of evil to give you an expected end” He says; “Many are the afflictions of the RIGHTEOUS, but I deliver him from them all”. My ears are not deaf to hear your cries says the Lord but I need you to build muscles.

I encourage you, hold on, be strong, don’t lose hope, don’t lose faith, keep keeping on and in no distant time, you shall be celebrated. My God is on your case and He is mighty to save. If only He can open your eyes to see where He is taking you to, then you won’t have to worry about any thing.

It is important to note that your case might be on a Long thing if you are yet to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior but that can be remedied now.

If you’ll like to receive Christ into your heart, kindly say this prayer with me: Lord Jesus, I come to you this day acknowledging that I am a sinner and that you died on the cross to save me, I confess my sins before you and I forsake them, I invite you into my heart, be my Lord and Master, Thank You for saving me in Jesus’ mighty name I pray.

If you just said that prayer with me, congratulations you are now born again, kindly seek a bible believing church in your area and fellowship with them. God is on your matter; also know that I’ll be praying for you.

As we were leaving the event yesterday, there was joy in my heart, the same guys that all used to ride in one ark were driving out in their own cars, some brand new some fairly used but none a model before 2008. Call me vain, I agree, but I have a taste for the finer things of life and I also have a good memory of where God has brought us from hence I notice those vain details.

I will like to end with a scripture I love so much ‘cos I just asked for permission to sleep:

Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which SHALL be revealed in us.

No matter what it is you are going through, just note that your best days are yet ahead.

May my God strengthen and encourage you.

This is me wishing you a great week ahead.


Shalom!

No comments: