Monday 26 March 2018

CHRIST OR YOUR LIFE?


About two weeks ago, the Lord asked me a question which I didn’t answer at the time and as days passed by, it became more difficult to actually answer that question and I want to throw the same question to you.

The Lord asked me; “Obinnaya, are you willing to give your life for Me?”

You would think that the answer to that question should be a swift YES in caps. But being that it was my Father who was asking, I knew He was not just asking another question.

In response, I said; Lord, You see my heart and you know what I can and cannot do for You Lord.

A few days later, someone sent me a post on WhatsApp, an excerpt from God’s Generals. The excerpt was on how most of the martyrs died. Now if I had not had the conversation with the Lord a few days earlier, this would have been another very good read, but that conversation had me woke and alert. As I read those stories, I kept putting the scenarios side by side by what is obtainable with the church of today and we fell short by a very wide margin. I don’t know how many pastors now that are willing to be stoned to death for Christ. I’m not sure how many pastors are willing to be boiled in hot oil. I don’t know how many pastors that will choose to be hung upside down rather than be nailed to a cross in the exact same position as Christ. I am not even sure how many pastors are willing to be tazzed for Jesus.

And I am careful to use “pastors” cos we are the ones that are supposed to be equipping the saints and I am convinced that the Lord is saying something.

I read the stories of these martyrs and a burden came upon me.

As if that was not enough, someone sent me a message saying that one of the Dachi girls that were kidnapped in Nigeria refused to deny Jesus. The moment I heard that story, I leaped for joy in my heart. Don’t get me wrong, I was not happy the girls were kidnapped (whether or not it was a real kidnap is a deliberation for another day) I was excited that what the Lord was speaking to me about, He had gone a step further to get my attention and someone was proving that some people are still standing for Christ.

As Easter draws nearer, I want to ask you child of God; are you willing to lay your life for your belief in Christ? When the chips are down, will you deny Christ or stand for Him? Are you going to compromise or stand for Christ? Are you going to sleep with him/her or stand with Christ? Are you going to alter that document or stand with Christ? Are you going to tell that lie or stand with Christ? Are you going to keep that malice or stand with Christ? Are you going to take/give that bribe or stand with Christ?

Jesus left all His divinity just to come lay down His life to reconcile us to Himself, yet we are quick to deny Him both in our words and most times by our actions. Most of us don’t even wait to resist talk less of to the shedding of blood and we are very willing to give in rather than stand for Christ.

The days ahead are going to be demanding for true sons of God as He will be passing His own through an alignment test. There is a separation going on for the advancement of the Kingdom. The men who shook the world as stated in scriptures were not in the multitude.

Will you stand for Christ? 

Will you give your life for Him? 

Can He find you worthy?


I eventually answered Him...

But what is your own answer to that question?

Are you willing to lay down your life for Christ?

Selah!

No comments: