Monday 24 February 2014

JOY-FULL


I sit down most times and wonder how different life would be if only we could live and practice the things that are contained in the Word of God as it is written for us, life would be so much easier and the enemy won’t have any room to steal our joy. There are so many professing Christians these days but not many “Christians”.

Don’t mind me and my opening line, just wanted to share some thoughts that were going through my mind just before I slept last night.

I hope you have moved up higher from where you were the last time I posted on this blog? If you haven’t, don’t panic, there is enough room up here for everyone and your spot is right here waiting for you to step up and occupy it.

 If you live in Lagos like I do, you travel a lot because the time it takes you to get to Victoria Island from Ajah, is the same time it would take someone to travel from Aba to Owerri #justsaying. So I crossed the Atlantic on Sunday to visit the Mrs, who by the way is doing well, thank you for asking lol and we had a great time together. As the evening was winding down, we decided to get ice cream just before I dropped her off at home. Coldstone just opened on Toyin Street (they have to pay me for this advert) and that was where we headed. We got what we needed, continued with the jisting and laughing in the car all the way to her house (bottom line, we had fun #don'tbeef).

Just as I wanted to come down from the car, I reached for my phone and couldn’t find it, searched the entire car and it was not there. We called the number and it rang but no one answered, then we concluded we must have forgotten it at Coldstone. We had to drive all the way back and the same car that was all bubbly a few minutes ago was silent. I can’t imagine what was going through her mind, all I could think of was having to buy a new phone which wasn’t funny at all because the budget currently is stretched as it where.

But somewhere during that drive, I heard the Holy Spirit ask; “are you acting or reacting? Have you forgotten so soon that the devil comes to steal, kill and… what would be the right thing to do in a situation like this?” It was like that was what I needed to jolt me back and immediately I sent angels to secure the phone and keep it for me, I thought, if it was still ringing, then it wasn’t stolen, nothing can steal my Joy, not even my missing phone. At this point, I relaxed but still couldn't talk cos I know madam was lost in her thoughts.  

We got to Coldstone, asked the cashiers but no one saw the phone, just at the point we were about to step out, a guy walks up to us and said; “Hi guys, you forgot this on your way out, I tried to come after you but you had gone”. You can imagine the relief and the gratitude, we thanked the guy profusely and headed home, but the chit chat and the laughter that we were sharing was gone just like that.

How many times have you been in a place where you are all fired up and having a good time and something happens that just deflates the energy? The enemy is always seeking to steal your joy but you must be at alert to ensure that he doesn’t succeed, guard your heart and joy jealously, don’t give the devil room to truncate your joy. It is your responsibility to ensure that you remain Joy-Full always.

With these thoughts in mind, I consciously initiated discussions that brought the laughter back. We were both yawning by the time we got to her house, but she had a smile on her face when she stepped out of the car and I left her though tired, but smiling.

The devil does not have the capacity to steal your Joy, he only gets what you give him. I employ you not to give him the time of the day. Consistently make an effort to retain your Joy, though the storms may rage, it is only but for a while. consciously speak Joy into every situation in your life.
Peace Be Still.

Have a Joy-Full week.

I remain committed to your Peak Performance.

@IamOluwaObinna  

No comments: