Thursday 16 May 2013

WANDERING THOUGHTS


It’s not like I woke up this morning knowing that I was going to start a new blog but I sat here this morning in deep thought and you know that feeling when you just take a stroll in your estate (for those of you that live in a gated estate) and you just keep walking with no clear destination in mind, just seeking to clear your head and enjoy the cool fresh air consciously ignoring the cool cars driving by (there are sha some very cool cars in Naija) Obinna focus…. Back to my trail of thoughts, and all of a sudden you look up and realize that you have strayed very far away from home and can’t explain how you got to where you found yourself nor can you explain exactly what it was you were actually thinking about and you begin to retrace your steps and find your way home.

I sat there on my desk and this was exactly how I was feeling this morning and I decided to do what I do best, capture the moment on paper (or in this case on my laptop) lol.

Retracing my steps in my mind had a semblance of walking through a tunnel, knowing what lies at the end of the tunnel but the echo and noise in the tunnel hampering progress. A fear that something will creep out of nowhere and jump at me or devour me kept lurking around somewhere at the back of my mind “fear of the unknown”. Funny thing is, the human mind is so complex it would amaze you how many unnecessary thoughts that jump in when you are trying to do some serious thinking. Some of them scary, some funny, some …… *winks* bottom line is, they are mostly unnecessary at the moment. How would you explain thinking about what to have for dinner by 11am in the middle of a report that is way over due.

Anyways, as I was trying to sort out and compartmentalize my thoughts, I heard a whisper; “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” I pause at this point and begin to reflect on that word.

I’m actually expected to personally bring into captivity every thought that comes into my mind, hmmm! I’m the one that is in charge of everything and what I permit is what stays on my mind but anything I don’t give room for leaves wow!

So all that noise and fear were just distractions to stop me from thinking the right productive thoughts. Little wonder I knew where I wanted to go to but didn’t seem to be getting there as at when due, I was wasting little seemingly insignificant amounts of time per time dwelling on things that did not matter.

How many times have you started developing an idea in your mind and never got around completing the thought process?
How many times has a brilliant idea come to you while you were maybe driving or in transit and you couldn’t capture the idea on paper and later while trying to re-collect the thought, you were unable to do so?
How many times have you forgotten your lines mid sentence because something else came into your mind while you were talking?

If you have at any point found yourself in any of the scenarios mentioned above, not to worry it’s not old age lol, I’ll be sharing some tips on how to capture your thoughts and think strategically on my next post.

STAY PRODUCTIVE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo true........I mean its a once in a while thing buh @ the end, def a stepping stone to greatness(that's for the determined).......really inspirational bro.

ObiSpeaks said...

Thanks bro, we doing our own tiny bit, believing that someone will receive help in the area they need it.